St. Paul’s Monastery is looking for a part-time cook to prepare a wide variety of entrees, sides, soups, and treats from scratch. We don't open enormous bags of institutional food or anything from giant cans here. We pride ourselves in home style cooking with fresh, uncomplicated ingredients. Weekends included.
The Sisters at St Paul's Monastery, many retired, love hearty traditional fare—some of their favorites include fried chicken and mashed potatoes, enchiladas, and sausages and sauerkraut (many of them are of German heritage). Everything we serve them is made with lots of love and butter!
The part-time cook will work onsite in a well-appointed professional kitchen to prepare the evening meal. No meal planning is necessary, but any suggestions or specialties you'd like to make are welcome. Duties include washing dishes and sanitizing kitchen and dining room.
If you are an experienced scratch cook—even if that experience has come from cooking for your own family—please apply! Culinary education is not required. We'd love to put your experience to work for our dear Sisters.
This position would be perfect for someone looking for some extra hours. Pay rate is dependent on qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proven experience as a cook
- Experience in using knives, tool, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedure and methods (frying, roasting, convection, steam, etc.) and ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- SERV Safe certification preferred and ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team and independently
- Appreciates and supports the Mission of the Sisters of St. Benedict in all areas of communication and public relations, whether written, spoken or observed
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Human Resources Manager at email@example.com