"Take heart; get up,
he is calling you!"
(Mark 10:49, NRSV)
If you are seeking something more in your life, you may have a calling to monastic life.
The God you seek is also seeking you.
Calling to Monastic Life
You have many talents and many possibilities. And yet, maybe God is not asking that you do anything but give yourself to God in a life of service, for the sake of the world.
Are you seeking a deeper relationship with God?
Everyone is called by God to live a Christ-centered life. All life choices - marriage, the single life, religious life and holy orders - serve as a call to holiness and service to God’s people. The Baptismal call to holiness is a universal call to a deepening of our relationship with God.
What are the signs of a monastic vocation?
- Desire to seek God
- Feeling drawn to the Liturgy of the Hours (daily praying of Scriptures and Psalms in community) and The Rule of Benedict
- Wanting to live within a religious community and be of service in the Church
- Yearning to extend hospitality, to live simply, and to reverence silence
- Embracing diversity and entering into relationships with others
- Cultivating one’s gifts and talents to grow into the person God is calling one to be
- Good health
- Openness to the experience of God’s mercy in one’s life
I am seeking…
- Conversation with a Sister
- Insights into the Spiritual Life (spiritual direction is offered at the Monastery)
- A spiritual retreat, seminar, quiet time, or prayer experience
- To make a difference with my life
- To begin the process of discerning a Religious Vocation
St. Paul’s Monastery Membership
We offer spiritual formation to all people who seek to live a more authentic life, including those who are already Vowed Religious, Benedictine Associates, or Oblates among us. Anyone who wants a deeper relationship with the Benedictine community and to become more involved with our ministries is invited to join us today.
Catholic women who make a life-long commitment to seek God by living the Rule of St. Benedict in monastic community and professing stability, fidelity to the monastic way of life and obedience.LEARN MORE
Catholic single women who dedicate themselves to seeking God by living the Rule of St. Benedict with the monastic community and participating in the ministry of St. Paul’s Monastery.LEARN MORE
Women and men of any denomination who seek God by following the Rule of St. Benedict wherever they live and work and by participating in the ministry of St. Paul’s Monastery.LEARN MORE
How are you being called? Visit and pray with us.
Prayer and Scripture:
Cultivate a regular practice of personal prayer and reading of Scripture. Keep your heart open to hearing God’s invitation as you pray. Join the monastic community for prayer and Eucharist at the Monastery. Call 651-777-8181 for the schedule or click here.
Consider how God may be calling you to share your gifts in service to others.
Meet with a spiritual director to help you discern God’s call.
Visit and get to know St. Paul’s Monastery. Call 651-777-8181 and request to speak with the Membership Director.
Write down your thoughts, desires, questions, and the fruits of your listening as you pray and read Scripture.
Come and visit with the Membership Director and share your thoughts and questions.