Share in our ministry in a very special way
Current Open Positions Are:
It is with pleasure that we, the Benedictine Sisters, welcome you as you begin the discernment process of employment with St. Paul’s Monastery. Here at the heart of our community, we engage in a wide variety of services, both to our own members and to the public. We feel that those who work with us share our ministry in a special way.
St. Paul’s Monastery is looking for a cook to prepare and cook a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups and other food items from scratch. Many dishes are prepared utilizing fresh produce from a local CSA. The cook reviews menus to determine food requirements, including the variety and quantity of food for preparation, and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily cooking activities. This position would be perfect for someone looking for some extra hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of experience directly related to the responsibilities and duties specified; experience in quantity cooking preferred
- From-scratch cooking a must
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, quality standards, and safety and sanitation requirements
- ServSafe knowledgeable
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies
- Reliable and honest team player with strong organizational skills
- Self-starter who can identify what needs to be done and do it
- Appreciates and supports the Mission of the Sisters of St. Benedict in all areas of communication and public relations, whether written, spoken or observed
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
Contact Sue at 651-209-9021 if interested.