St Paul's Monastery, is seeking a part time/casual LPN for fill in shifts. Perfect opportunity for semi-retired nurse to share their experience and talents with the Sisters of St Paul's Monastery. Small 12-bed private healthcare unit in beautiful surroundings with a calm, reassuring, prayerful atmosphere.
This position would be perfect for someone looking for some extra hours. $14 per hour.
The LPN is responsible for the daily personal care of the sisters in the healthcare center as well as administering medications, checking vital signs, and maintaining sisters’ medical charts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately set up and administer medications and document on sisters’ charts
- Take vital sign measurements and chart
- Provide bedside care including: treatment of bedsores and wounds, monitoring of catheters, hot and cold packs, etc.
- Assist with feeding
- Serve as supervisor when healthcare center manager is not on duty
- Do emergency assessments and make decisions regarding emergency care
- Order medications as needed
- Provide personal, oral, peri and foot care for sisters, as needed
- Provide whirlpool baths as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse with current license
- At least one year of work experience as an LPN; geriatric and long term care preferred
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethical behavior
- Dependable and honest
- Appreciates and supports the mission of the Sisters of St. Paul’s Monastery in all areas of communication and public relations, whether written, spoken or observed
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Must be able to move or lift up to 50 pounds
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Human Resources Manager at email@example.com